Purchased a new Windows PC and have McAfee pre-installed on it? You will still have to activate it using the stepwise instructions provided in this article. By the end of this article, you will be able to successfully activate the security software and protect your device against all sorts of online threats including malware, spyware, spamware, Trojans, and other cybercrimes.
To get started with the activation through mcafee.com/activate, first you need to register your McAfee antivirus by following these instructions:
(Please note that for the registration, use an active email address so that you can easily reset your McAfee account password in future.)
- Double-click the McAfee antivirus icon
- From the menu, go to Your Subscription
- Edit Profile to get redirected to McAfee’s official website
- Provide an email address and then hit Next
- Set up a secure password that is hard to guess
- Read the password guidelines provided on the web page
- Your McAfee account is now created and your installed McAfee software is now activated!
Once this process finishes, you will have to verify the McAfee activate subscription. This is mandatory because sync your pre-installed security software with your McAfee account. So, just follow these steps for the successful verification:
- From the right corner of the taskbar, right-click the McAfee icon
- Click Verify Subscription
- Once this verification process finishes, double-click the McAfee icon
- Now, select Your Subscription
- Verify the expiry date displayed on the screen
While activating the McAfee subscription or verifying the same, if you face any technical fault then it is recommended either to visit the support section on the official website of McAfee.com/activate or directly connect to its customer support team. The team of technicians will be glad to assist you with the best possible solution. Hope the article was informative.